6 STRATEGIES TO EAT RIGHT EVERYDAY
Eating right can be a challenge. With so many distractions and obligations pulling us every which way, it’s hard to stay focused on health goals, but a few simple steps is all it takes to eat right every day.
- Drink All Day: Drink warm water with fresh lemon every morning to open the digestive system and boost your immune system. Drink water throughout the day to stop cravings, keep hunger at bay, and detoxify your body.
- Breakfast Comes First: Eat a healthy breakfast within 30-45 minutes of waking up to rev your metabolism and stabilize your blood sugar. Fresh fruit, oats, and egg white omelets loaded with spinach, mushrooms, and asparagus are all fantastic options.
- Smart Grazing: Waiting to eat until you’re famished leads to overeating and cravings. Keep healthy snacks, such as a handful of almonds or fresh cut vegetables with hummus, nearby for a quick 200 calorie treat that will tide you over till your next meal.
- Portion Control: In our modern, super-sized world, we’ve forgotten what normal portions look like. Be mindful of serving sizes, eat in moderation, savor the flavor of each dish, and thoroughly chew your food, allowing the body to recognize when it’s full.
- Clean It Up: The average diet consists of food-like substances loaded with preservatives, additives, and unrecognizable ingredients. Eat foods that have 5 ingredients or less; preferably less, such as fresh fruit, vegetables, lean protein, nuts, and whole grains like quinoa, millet, or brown rice.
- Leave Some Room: The 80/20 Principle, advocated in The Body Ecology Diet, is a great barometer for eating only until you are satiated, not stuffed. Eat until you’re 80% full, leaving 20% for proper digestion and an allover healthy body.