Evolution equipped humans to be hunter-gatherers who could survive starvation by storing fat in the good times and drawing on it for sustenance during the bad times. We are walkers and runners by nature, and activity should burn off the fat that we accumulate. The trouble is that today, we sit around too much and consume way too much junk food. The result is a national plague of obesity.
Here at Revite we would like to assist you and educate you on how your nutritional choices determine your overall health and wellness.
By teaching you why to eat the correct foods, changing your mind about your choices and explaining how to keep your weight in check, we are one step closer to helping you achieve your health and wellness goals.
7 TIPS TO REMEMBER WHEN CHOOSING YOUR NEXT MEAL.
- Anything from a box that gets handed to you through a window or arrives on a scooter isn’t food!
- Don’t buy food from a garage shop. Garages are there for filling up your car with petrol!
- When shopping in a supermarket always stick to the periphery or outer isles, where the fridge and fresh products are kept.
- Most foodstuff with marketing statements which claim "extra calcium, or vitamins or high in fibre" on the boxes are probably misleading you…
- Be careful of vegetable oils which are full of omega-6's. Too many Omega-6 fatty acids can throw off your Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratios, leading to inflammation.
- Some margarines are marketed as ‘better than butter’ and ‘heart healthy.’ They even contain the heart foundation stamp of approval. Make sure you know the full story before making the decision to use margarine.
- If you think a low fat diet is good for you, think again and learn more about what the research is showing us about ‘low fat’.